Sunday, January 18, 2009

Truly Blessed








There is no other feeling....! No words to describe....! I am proud to announce that I am now officially Grammie. Cannin Blake was born Jan. 15, 2009 at 6:18 am. He weighed in at 7 lbs 4 oz and was 19.9 inches long.


It was a long and hard labor for Cee, but she was a trooper. Dustin did an awesome job being her coach, he was her rock.


Cannin was great....few concerns b/c they had to use the suction. After checking him over, he got a clean bell of health. The only concern now is that he is a little jaundice and has a bruise on his little head, with time that will go away. He had to go get his blood checked today and has to go back on Tuesday. Can't stand the thought of them poking that baby. He also is having a hard time with his formula. He is on his third kind and hoping he can hold it down. At his check today, he weighed in at 6 lbs 14 oz.
I am lucky enough to get to spend some time with them at home and watch them grow as a family. It will be hard to leave.
I love to just sit at this little guy...he has stolen my heart...!
Today was my cousin's daughter-in-laws shower...sorry I couldn't be there. Her baby is due at the end of Feb, three weeks after Cannin's orginal date. Here's to wonderful shower, Scarlet. Hope you get alot of goodies. Can't wait to meet Lauren.
From my world to yours....
God bless you and yours.....

2 comments:

  1. Congrats to you on "officially becoming Grammie"
    I am really proud for you and the family. Cannin is a beautiful one...and so small. He will get through the roughed up delivery...mine wa the same way..a black eye when he was delivered! It is upsetting but could be lots worse. I hope that you find that right formula...nothing more miserable than a colicy baby or non satisfied baby. I am also glad Cee is doing better...Life is just starting for her and Dustin!

    We did miss you at the shower, but I totally understand...I would be where my baby was! She had a great shower- so many people and so many gifts. Meme sent me pictures last night so I finally got to see little Cannin...he is precious. Spoil him rotten while you have the time with him..I understand they may get to come home in Feb..I hope so! Take Care and Love him bunches...Love, Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's adorable! Welcome to the world, baby Cannin!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete